Saturday, November 14, 2015

I.B. Learner Profile Propaganda: Communicator

The main technique I used in my propaganda poster was appeal to fear. 'Alienation' has negative connotations, and I played on peoples' fears of being isolated and ostracized. To give the poster a dark, ominous tone, I used black and red as my dominant colours. The sense of finality in the words "Without Communication, there's only Alienation" also imply that being a Communicator should be prioritized above all else if we want to be included. Adding to this is the slogan at the bottom: "How can you succeed if you can't speak?", which is meant to reinforce the importance of communicating. 
The people jeering at the solitary figure are yelling variations of 'freak', 'outcast' and 'loser' in different languages (German, Chinese, English, French, Greek). This is significant as part of being a Communicator is expressing ideas in "more than one language", adding irony to the poster. The line "#IBCommunicator" also leads people to a place where they can take action and find out more about this cause.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment